AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ steer 500 and EZ Boom setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cbSCNE
Posted 5/24/2008 08:59 (#383786 - in reply to #383676)
Subject: RE: EZ steer 500 and EZ Boom setup

South central, Nebraska
I have one installed in an 854 Rogator. The physical installation wasn't a problem with my machine. Am using the 500 in place of the Raven 460. Configuration has been by trial and error but am getting there.

Since there is no OUT OF BOUNDS ability with this system, you may want to hook up your foot switch to the EZ Boom as a remote master switch. It will really help when turning on the ends while swinging you booms out of bounds. I couldn't get tech support to help me with that but this board was(Thank you Ted). I don't use the master switch at all on ez boom, just the Rogator foot switch, much, more operator friendly.

If you are using the 500 find the correct row to turn back into, I will suggest using the freeform pattern if you don't have rows planted with rtk. Freeform patterns are only recorded during the coverage logging and with ez boom that is automatic. This is a huge improvement over adaptive curve.

I am still try to work through many other program/firmware issues but I do have the thing working as a SEMI-automatic control system. As the one of the support guys said to me something like "Farmers aren't the most technology savvy people to work with". I suppose there is a lot of truth to that but I'm not sure SOME of the techs aren't that IN FIELD SAVVY either. It would be nice if they could understand our simple way of thinking!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)