AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Insight & Direct Command
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/24/2008 15:21 (#383978 - in reply to #383787)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Insight & Direct Command

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I hadn't really thought about any problems with Autoswath. My extra tip in on section #3 of my four boom sprayer. As I stated I setup the sprayer as 4 -15' sections. Since I spray mostly Roundup type products I have the autoswath set to "turn on early" and "shutoff late" since I don't want any skips. I haven't really noticed any problem with my setup.

You are correct in that on paper at least this could seem like a problem. The concept is like what you experienced with seed command for the most part.

When you define the boom sections by default they will be split up as evenly as possible. You can go in and change them if you wish. The offsets are also calculated under that assumption.

If you are really concerned about this you might try this approach. Reduce the outermost sections by 10" each and bump up the inner section that has the extra tip by 20". In other words the boom widths might go 9.2, 10, 10. 11.6, 10. 9.2 which I believe adds up to 60' again. The offsets should then be moved around but you might want to draw this out on paper to confirm where they should be.

Edited by tedbear 5/24/2008 15:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)