AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS2 - Swath Control Pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sakeller
Posted 5/21/2008 13:09 (#382109)
Subject: GS2 - Swath Control Pro

Camrose, Alberta
I am disappointed with the "Totals Menu" on my GS2. Why does it not tell me exactly how many acres are left in the field? I realize it does give me this info, but the number is always wrong.

For example when I pull into a field to spray it tells me there are 315 acres remaining (what I entered on Apex). So on my first headland I run a boundry and when done it says the field is 307.50 acres. On my first headland I sprayed 67.50 acres so it tells me there is 240.00 acres remaining. I continue spraying the whole field but the GS2 will reach 0.00 acres remaining when there is still a few acres left. I realized the GS2 is simply taking total area (either what you told it on Apex or the boundry area) and subtracting area sprayed. It should be calculating how much area remains, because this would compensate for the overlap. I hate running short or having extra chemical leftover.

Also the GS2 and the brown box acre count is always different, usually the GS2 is slightly higher. I figure the brown box must count acres using radar and the GS2 must use GPS speed.

And why can't I have more than one Exterior boundry for a field? I have several fields that are quarters or half sections that are split by a drainage ditch, but I farm the two peices as one field.

Don't get me wrong the GS2 auto-steer and Swath Control Pro are a dream to run, especially when combined with auto-boom height sensors.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)