AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader Insight Pulses/Unit for NH3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/21/2008 06:23 (#381867 - in reply to #381863)
Subject: RE: AgLeader Insight Pulses/Unit for NH3

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
If you are using the Direct Command Liquid control module and actually controlling the NH3 via the Insight then enter in the pulses per gallon as stamped on the flowmeter.

If you are using a Raven flomwmeter the number stamped on the meter is for 10 gallons so divide the number by 10. For example my Raven flowmeter has a meter cal of 740 pulses for 10 gallons. I enter in 74 as the meter cal.

When you pick NH3 as the product, the system applies the conversion factor to change the units from gallons to pounds. When you pick NH3 as the product on the RUN screen you have the choice of operating in units of NH3 or N. Whichever choice you make at that time will dictate how you enter in your target rate.

For example, if you choose NH3 as the controlling product and then enter in a rate of 100 you will be asking the system to attempt to apply 100 pounds of NH3 which amounts to 82 pounds of actual "N". On the other hand if you pick "N" as the controlling product, the target rate that you enter would be for desired rate of actual "N" as the system applies the 82% factor.

In the four item display on the right, you can have the Insight display the rate of "N" or "NH3" or both. The onscreen map will be in pounds of NH3.

From your earlier post, I assume that you are using the Micro-Trak controller and teeing into the flowmeter connection. This means you are using the the App Rate Module to "steal" the flow signal. I am not certain if the conversion factors that I mention above are applied or not as we don't have any customers doing this with NH3. My guess is that they probably do.

Personally I got one of the first Insights with the DC liquid setup for NH3. I assumed (incorrectly) that I shoud enter the "converted" flowmeter number that I normally used with a Raven console. This number is found by dividing the stamped flowmeter number by 4.22 (about 4.22 pounds of "N" in a gallon). The system applied its own conversion and the result was that the first part of my first tank was applied at about 1/4 the desired rate.

In your case, if you trust the MT system which I assume you have been using, compare the values between the MT and the Insight. The speed values, acres per hour and rate should compare closely. If the speed value and acres per hour agree but the rate doesn't, then there is some confusion with the flowmeter cal number.

Edited by tedbear 5/21/2008 06:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)