AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Copy to card on insight question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/25/2008 09:32 (#384362 - in reply to #382929)
Subject: Re: Copy to card on insight question

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
You say you "deleted" the corn planting maps. I would think that the reference "snapshot" picture should still be available unless you cleared the memory of the Insight in some fashion.

Not trying to beat the issue to death but you can get a picture or map of your varieties in two independent ways.

One is the snapshot picture of the varieties that is stored internally in the Insight. This can be viewed under Summary and then View Map.

You might say that the snapshot map is just that - a picture of the onscreen map the way it looked when the planting was finished. This snapshot is only used by the Insight and is not transferred to the removable memory card. This file is saved internally for the current crop year. Thus it should normally be available as a reference background map for any subsequent operation (spraying, harvesting, etc.) for the remainder of the current year. These maps are cleared when a "new" year is started.

The other method of getting a map is the actual point by point data that is saved in the .ilf file. If this file is processed by SMS or some other software you can then get a map of the varieties that way. The computer software processes the point by point data to create a map in that fashion. Thus the legends etc are editable via the computer software.

In the early days of using a PF3000 or Advantage, this second method was the only method available.

Edited by tedbear 5/25/2008 09:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)