AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weird things with EZ Guide/Steer 500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

notilltom
Posted 5/17/2008 08:34 (#379789)
Subject: Weird things with EZ Guide/Steer 500

Oswald No-Till Farm Cleghorn, IA
Running EZ Guide 500 on XP with EZ Steer. So far very happy with system. Accuracy "filling in" left out passes while planting (verified with markers) darn close to perfect.

Yesterday, weird things started to happen.

1- Setting AB lines while in headland mode wouldn't let me set B, but a bit later would give me a "B" button... and could set it.
2- Twice, lost terrain compensation once when doing headlands and once setting straight AB... but it would recover after unplugging, plugging back in the black box.
3- Once, I looked up and 500 was rebooting... thus had to wait for XP reconvergence (just kept planting as I was going around end rows following old rows in no till, but bummed I had to steer more than I have been used to this year.

I have pretty good power to the extra lighter plug that's wired to auxilary power in MX 210 cab and haven't seen any evidence that power is an issue.

Kinda got to wonder if gremlins are showing up in my EZ Guide 500 (circuit board? software (running 3.X?) . Was there a "bad batch" of production?

Otherwise, the combined system has been very beneficial and better than expected. Someday need to understand headland function better but that's a whole different story.

Thanks in Advance,
Tom
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)