AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Erratic Raven Accuflow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/12/2008 07:29 (#376362 - in reply to #376251)
Subject: Re: Erratic Raven Accuflow

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Using a second FC valve wouldn't really help in my opinion. The standard control valve would be a better option.

You do not enter the "0". Using the meter cal of 710 for the valve cal is part of your problem. Try using the value of 743.

The last digit refers to the deadband tolerance expressed as a percentage. When you entered 710 you are telling the system that the allowable tolerance is "0". This is unrealistic. When you enter 743, the "3" means that they system should try to keep the rate within 3% of the target rate. Even 3% is probably unrealistic for NH3 - I usually use 4 or 5%.

The next digit from the right indicates when the system should switch from "heavy correction" to "light correction". When using 710, the "1" tells the system to jump into "heavy correction" when the rate is slightly out of range. When using 743, the "4" tells the system to stay in "light correction" longer.

Changing the valve cal should help considerably.

To test the wiring on the sprayer with a standard setting (note the sprayer is setup as Control - Standard where the NH3 is your case is setup as Control - Fast Close), unplug the two pole connector and put a voltmeter between the two poles. With the Master Switch ON and at least one boom ON. Put the rate switch in Manual and hold the INC/DEC switch up or down. You should read 12v of one polarity with the switch UP and 12V of the opposite polarity with the switch down.

Edited by tedbear 5/12/2008 07:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)