AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble EZ500 versus Field Manager display
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

pknoeber
Posted 5/10/2008 17:23 (#375181 - in reply to #375126)
Subject: RE: Depends on $$$ and what you want to do with them...

SW KS, near Dodge City
I believe that the FMD will control a lot more than the steering in the future, if you start tying everything together. (Planter, sprayer, mapping etc...)

If you just want guidance, the 500 will do everything the FMD will do, but just not as nice.

FMD touch screen is very nice. Once you've run it, I think it's probably easier/quicker to navigate around in than the 500. 500 will be cheaper and work just as well, it just won't be as handy to move around the menus in. Also, the FMD screen is noticably larger than the 500. My only experience w/ the FMD was riding w/ a cousin while he sprayed a circle. FMD/Autosteer/EZ boom setup. WOW. That was impressive. Sure wish I had his setup.

Just put a 500 EZ Steer on our sprayer. (Upgraded from EZ+). Made a world of difference. The 500 is very nice, but if money isn't the absolute deciding factor I'd go w/ the FMD.

I'm going to assume that you'll be going through Kanequip (Darren or Don). The guys down there do a good job of putting together the system that will do what you want. I don't think they'll lead you down the wrong path.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)