AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Holland Scientific & Ag Leader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

LHaag
Posted 5/4/2008 18:42 (#371380 - in reply to #370677)
Subject: Related Note

Colby, Kansas
Jacob et al.:

I had this returned to me by someone that I had forwarded the AgLeader/Holland announcement to. I wondered when this would happen, appears it did in March and I missed it. I couldn't find a press release from either company on their website regarding the lawsuit.

Lucas

NTech Files Patent Infringement Suit Against Holland's Crop Circle Products

(Ukiah, CA) March 17, 2008 – NTech Industries, Inc., a leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of optical agricultural sensors and mapping systems, has filed a patent infringement suit in federal court in Arizona against Holland Scientific, Inc. The suit accuses Holland Scientific's "Crop Circle" products of infringing four patents: U.S. Patent Nos. 5,585,626, 5,763,873, 5,809,440, and 6,596,996. NTech's patents relate to advanced optical devices that can distinguish plants from bare soil, and indicate plant health, vigor and yield potential. This technology also allows fertilizers and other crop inputs to be selectively applied to the crops, and herbicides to be selectively applied to weeds. NTech's patented technology is also used to create detailed vigor maps of agricultural crops.
NTech includes its patented inventions in its innovative WeedSeeker® and GreenSeeker® products. "Our WeedSeeker® and GreenSeeker® products, and the patented technology that they use, are the heart of our business," explained John Mayfield, Chief Executive Officer of NTech. "We filed this suit because we will not allow our competitors to take our most valuable technology and disregard our important patent rights."

In the lawsuit, NTech is seeking an injunction, damages for past infringement, and an award of attorneys' fees against Holland Scientific.

About NTech
NTech Industries is the world leader in optical sensors for agricultural research, precision fertilizer applications, field mapping, and weed and pest control for military and civilian uses. NTech products include break-through technology with important profit generation and environmental benefits. Information on the company and its products are available at www.ntechindustries.com. For more information, contact Ted Mayfield at [email protected].

Edited by LHaag 5/4/2008 18:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)