AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

starfire ITC gripes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ridgeroad
Posted 5/2/2008 12:50 (#369739)
Subject: starfire ITC gripes

For a number of reasons I am using a starfire reciever this year. Last year I used a Phoenex 200 and was very happy with it but I thought that the starfire would be better and more accurate to use with field doc as well as guidance. I am regretting that now. After putting on anhydrous I am very concerned about using it with the planter shut-offs. I am using an Envizio Plus for guidance and I get a high H-Dop warning many times a day. The drift is terrible. Last year I would finish a field the next day and be off by no more than 1 row usually. This year so far I am off that much in just 1 hour. The John Deere dealer and stellar support both told me "Oh you don't want to use WAAS because it is a very low quality correction." Well, that phoenex 200 on WAAS was so much better than sf1 it is not even funny. And I am not paying another 2500 dollars plus a subscription to try and get the starfire to work as good as the 1200 dollar raven antenna. Is there something I am missing? This is not a bash Deere post. I have given them plenty of my money and am ussually satisfied. This, however, is dissappointing. Thanks for letting me ramble.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)