AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/16/2008 07:38 (#359060 - in reply to #359018)
Subject: RE: Insight ?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The procedure would be to do a backup on the old Insight. Then take that card to the new Insight and do a restore.

At that point both Inisights would be pretty much indentical. Any thing done with each Insight after that would only affect that Insight.

If you added a New field to the old Insight it would not show up on the new Insight of course.

I run into this when I need to borrow a second Insight for a few days when I need two of them at the same time.

I can make a backup like I described to get the field names in the borrowed Insight. Then my Insight can continue to plant while the borrowed Insight does some spraying.

The problem is that I can't "meld" the planting and spraying back together to get the spray information on my Insight.

Making maps with SMS is no problem as it works with the information from each. I would like to put the information from the two back together and reload my Insight with that information.

Sounds like your situation is a bit different. I believe you only have one Insight at this time. The backup and restore procedure should work fine for you. If you did not do a backup on the old combine you will need to do so before it gets away from you. The backup procedure is not automatic and something you need to do.

You will probably need to redo the combine configuration even if the combine is the same model. The field names and other information should come across fine.

Edited by tedbear 4/16/2008 07:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)