AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More DirectCommand and Accuflow Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Opie
Posted 4/14/2008 22:58 (#358141)
Subject: More DirectCommand and Accuflow Questions

West Central Indiana
We have set up a 60' toolbar on 20" centers running a two cooler, single flowmeter AccuFlow system. We have 5 Raven fast valves on it - one as a Master On/Off and inline servo valve, the other 4 are section On/Off valves. We are also running a Raven Sidekick system to direct inject N-serve. We have the Sidekick console tee'd into the DC harness with Ag Leader cables to sense boom status until we can get the new DC for Sidekick functionality from Ag Leader.

Finally got the thing in the field today and are fighting 3 problems:

The toolbar "booms" will not kick on for about 30 seconds when the toolbar is lowered into the ground. Once they finally kick on I can turn them on and off perfectly with the master switch on the DC switchbox. I have checked all wiring and everything seems to be OK, also made sure that the ground wire was clean for the Liquid module. I have the cat whisker switch installed for safety and had to reverse the wires inside it to reverse it's polarity based on the way we have it mounted. Ag Leader had me flash the firmware on all modules and the Insight to the latest versions, that didn't seem to help much. Forgot to write down Valve Response times before I left today, but can post those tomorrow if that helps. I think we were at 40 for Valve 1, 10 for Valve 2, 2% Allowable Error, and 5 for the Valve Threshold if memeory serves me correctly.

The Sidekick is hooked directly to a GPS velocity for speed (temporary until I can get an adapter cable made to feed radar to it from the tractor), and it displays accurate speed as long as the switch on the Sidekick console is in the Hold position. As soon as I switch it to Run, the speed goes to zero and the system won't pump. Wondering if this may have something to do with reversing the wires in the implement switch???? Maybe it thinks the DC is off when it is actually on????

The last thing is that we can only run about 4 MPH max and put on 140lb N/ac. As long as we stay around 3-4 MPH the system never leaves 140lb/ac, but once it drops it seems to start fluctuating drastically, usually bouncing around between 90 and 120. Flow Rate at 140 lb/ac is running about 60 gpm. The company that we bought the AccuFlow system from builds a lot of big toolbars and assured me when we bought the system that the dual 30gpm cooler system would work, so I'm hoping that there is a setting wrong or something with the Insight and not lack of capacity. Is anyone running big (50+ ft) toolbars with AccuFlow systems, and if so what kind of performance are you seeing with them? Do you need to plumb them up with 2 flowmeters and servos, or should 1 do it? We have 1 1/4" plumbing with dual hoses going to the cooler and then to the flowmeter, then go down to 1" plumbing for everything after the flowmeter. Pressure at the manifolds is running about 40-45 PSI consistently. 45 degrees here today, so should product should be flowing good.

Could definitely use some help with this as the weather is turning favorable for us to run!

BTW, tedbear, thanks for your help with previous post about the slow valves. It turns out someone who was helping with the install had installed an OEM switch in the dash of the tractor. In doing that, the orginal DC switch had been cut off and only 2 of the three wires had been installed on a single pole switch. All three wires are needed on that switch! We put the original switch back on and it works fine - just not as pretty in the dash. Thanks for all who posted some good ideas on that one.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)