AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

South St. Paul Stockyards closes after 122 years
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

bullhauler
Posted 4/15/2008 00:06 (#358236 - in reply to #355999)
Subject: Re: South St. Paul Stockyards closes after 122 years

Denhoff,ND right in the center of the State
My Grandpa and Dad hauled many loads of livestock in to there, never hauled there myself but have stoped in a few times when in the cities, I have a uncle that works for Alstate Peterbuilt and it is close by there so have been there. Its a shame to see the closing of a sales barn, we have had a few local ones in central ND close over the years, can remember as a kid skipping school to go to the sales with dad, my dad trucked cattle and bought a lot of feeder cattle years ago, and would grass them and haul to Sioux City,Iowa. They have also closed down. This doesnt surprise my though, years ago you would drive through the country and every farm had pigs, sheep and cattle on them, now days the corrals are run down and empty. The ones that closed localy here were Turtle Lake Sales barn, Harvey Sales barn and Carrington livestock, these barns have been closed for years already. I have lots of good memories of horse sales and cattle sales at these barns. Thanks for informing me on this. Terry
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)