AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corin, applied to Wheat at Flag Leaf ,any Thoughts?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Bugkiller
Posted 4/9/2008 22:40 (#354017 - in reply to #353862)
Subject: RE: CoRoN

Here is my take for what it's worth. Like said before slow release nitrogen has been around a long time. It's number one use until recent was to turn a golf course really green before tiger woods showed up. IN the Corons case the most common row crop formulation is 25-0-0 (as stated before in this post). In which you get about 2.6 lbs of N. End of story right? I think so Analaysis of any nutrient is fact. So how can anyone say 1 gallon is 10-15 lbs? I think these products work and have their place but I wouldn't try to replace 10-15 lbs of nitrogen with your normal program with them. Again, 25-0-0 no more no less. Also there are numerous CRN's out there that are priced slight higher but have more value in my opinion. Some examples are KQ liquid by Kugler.....28-0-0 70% controlled release(CRN).versus Coron 25-0-0 20% CRN. Kugler is around 10.50 a gallon. Just got some in not sure of name that is 30-0-0 50% CRN.....$8.50 gallon sounds like good values versus coron to me. I used KG last year on my wheat at flag leaf and thought I got good results on very yellow and sickly looking wheat. Think outside Coron the theory is there but the value is not. The margin for the dealer however is awesome on coron. Sucks on KQ becasue we have to compete. I say use CRNs but choose your product wisely!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)