AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8400T w/autotrac can only make right turns
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

lukerduke
Posted 3/27/2008 22:08 (#343439 - in reply to #343425)
Subject: Re: 8400T w/autotrac can only make right turns

MN
Sounds like you got a good one there. The steering motor has a motor direction sensor in it that tells the ssu what direction it is turning. When that sensor is replaced it has to be installed and aligned perfectly or it will act up just like you are describing. It is on the right hand rear of the tractor behind the cab and just below it. There is probably a shield bolted over the top of it. If I remember correctly it is a four wire sensor and it threads directly into the steering motor. I wouldn't move it if I were you but you can at least take a look at it and see if there is any obvious problems. I remember a problem a few years back where a guy had his steering sensitivity cranked way up and the tractor was making so many steering corrections from one side to the other that it would kick out the autosteer (steering direction sensor couldnt keep up). There is a special tool that is used to check the alignment of the sensor when you install them and it can be used to make sure that it is still set correctly. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)