AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

catgps
Posted 3/27/2008 21:32 (#343394 - in reply to #343276)
Subject: RE: Insight??

The insight monitor is not ISO compatible so it will not run your white planter, by spring '09 it will be able to act as your planter monitor but it will not be able to adjust any settings on the planter itself, there will still be a need for the white planter control box in the cab.

The insight is a very powerful monitor and yes you can hook up most GPS receivers to this monitor, AgLeader has an OEM cables document that is very informational as to what can be hooked up to the monitor. I have seen a garmin 17n (cheapest) upto a Starfire or Trimble (expensive) plugged into the monitor. It really comes down to what exactly you are going to use the monitor for. If it is just for mapping you can get by with a 1hz GPS receiver but if you are going to use it to steer the tractor and control an application a 5hz or greater receivers is highly recommended.

I would highly suggest the trimble autopilot system plugged into the insight and plugged into the MT (if that tractor itself is ISO ready??) I have installed and operatered a lot of MTs with the Trimble AutoPilot and Insight system and it an awesome and handles the tractor very well!!

The idea of placing this monitor in your combine is a great idea as well. This would allow you to take advantage of the variety tracking setup which makes it very difficult to screw up your yield and hybrid trials that you may place in your fields.

I would also tell you that if you are interested in the ISO control of a white planter to talk with your Challenger dealer about the AutoGuide system controlled by the Agco Console I monitor. This would allow you to steer the tractor and control the planter with the same monitor and this would a 100% ISO Bus system. This would also allow you to run the AgCam system in the background of this monitor also, this is a very cool feature that I have not seen on any other monitor yet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)