AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has any one used this bin unloader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fred
Posted 3/27/2008 19:59 (#343290 - in reply to #343045)
Subject: Re: Has any one used this bin unloader

south east SD
I have one that fits on a floor that is solid cement. I have worked on it almost every year trying to make it FOOL proof. I would not buy one unless it is going into a older bin with no floor. To open it I have to hook it to a tractor the first time as it is so hard to pull open. 4020 works nice, I marked how far to pull so I don't bend something inside. The nice thing is the elec motor rotate's out of the way to do this. You will scoop a semi load of grain to hook up the sweep. To work you run till center runs empty then open sump by door. Then you engage the bottom screw by sliding power head into gear case. That turns a one foot screw on the floor. I run the one foot screw till I get the grain down a LONG ways then remove the one foot screw and put in a 3 foot screw and it will run around by itself this helps a ton on getting the sweep hooked up. NO you can't run the 3 foot screw as it is to much twist on the gear case I know!! Then the sweep is slow but much better then a scoop shovel. Any questions I would be more than happy to answer them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)