AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grain tank paint
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Greg77
Posted 3/26/2008 00:21 (#341959 - in reply to #341698)
Subject: RE: grain tank paint

Type in Zero Rust on Google. I use several cases a year mostly on truck and auto frames but also on hog equipment and a lot stuff that gets fabbed around the place. I started using it over five years ago and have never had a failure yet. You can put it over light rust and good paint but the more rust you can get rid of the better. It is a industrial prime that drys very quickly 2 to 3 hours if you do light coats. You can recoat it for up to 30 days with out scuffing it so for you purpose I'd probably give it 3 coats over a week in the places where it's harder to reach. It can either be brushed on or reduced and sprayed on. The nice part is it is reasonable in price and comes in about a dozen colors. Any place that it doesn't sit in direct sunlight it can be left as is. The last I got the list was around $50.00 for 4 gallons but check around depending on how much you need. I get it from a company in Atlanta, and paid around $ 36.00 plus freight. It keeps for a long time if you pour some of the reducer you use on top when your done with your job or are going to let it set for several days with out being used. Any more questions post a email address or what ever and I'll see if I can help you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)