AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

coolant leak question?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MTfarm
Posted 3/23/2008 22:15 (#340423)
Subject: coolant leak question?

Shelby, MT
I was wondering if anybody would be willing to diagnose my car without even seeing the engine...ha ha....
I have a 2007 Ford Freestyle with a 3 liter duratec v6. It has 24k on it and for some time now it has been leaking out coolant from where the water pump connects to the engine...when I first noticed it I took it into the shop and they could find exactly where it was so the said they would replace all the seals in the pump....well a week or so went by and I noticed the same puddle underneath the car. so I took it back to the shop and this time the leak was more pronounced and you could see it dripping from the where the pump enters the engine and attaches to the camshaft with the mirror...They replaced the water pump with a new one and we went in on a 400 mile trip and on our way back I checked the oil and sure enough coolant again puddled up on the water pump...and to top it off I am wondering if there is now an oil seep on the valve cover, prob from them replacing the water pump....I don't know if they have to take the valve cover off to take the water pump off but I would guess it is possible...

Edited by MTfarm 3/23/2008 22:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)