AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Google earth.........stuff.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 3/19/2008 00:17 (#337215 - in reply to #337205)
Subject: That is grass seed with the regulator, and........

What happened with the sprayer was I have a sump in the bottom of the tank so it empties out really well. When we planted those 2 fields in the fall of 2005, I went out with a high rate of karmex in DF form. The dry flowable settled in the bottom of the sump a little bit (I have mechanical agitation, but maybe was'nt running fast enough) When i got to the field, the sludge in the sump would go through the pump and out the booms. You can see it starts in the center and goes out the tips of the booms. That's cause the plumbing on the sprayer has shorter hoses from the valve manifold out to the boom sections.

The regulator that year was sort of an experiment in that field. I did'nt want any partials of the spendy stuff sitting around, so I had just enough in the last container to make the outside rouonds. I shut the booms off in places that I say a weaker stand (first year) and just sprayed till I ran out. The center of the field is flat as a pancake from no regulator and the outside was lodged, but standing. Interesting stuff to see fromt he sky. So the timing of that pic must be about may or june of 2006 instead of 05 like I first thought.

The bottom of the photo is august 2007.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)