AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rob and others -One last ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Beef Cen IL
Posted 3/18/2008 09:54 (#336579)
Subject: Rob and others -One last ?

Center of IL
Have one last question, left the insurance office at 5:45 so I guess my agent earned his commission. After watching the markets loose a fortune the last few days decided I needed some protection. Did corn-crc80% , beans-griphr80%. Used enterprise and bty to cheapen up corn considerably. Using enterprise on beans I could have got crc85% for around $5 more ( I think ) so I'm kind of second guessing my decision on beans but I guess now what will be, will be. My question is, when we would run these what if's, crc never paid and Ra did. My agent said it was basically the same so we decided it must be some problem in the system. Do you agree, are the figures for Rahp and crc the same ? I noticed in some examples you ran, crc/rahp were lumped together. Is that software available on line? Also when we ran crc for my 51 bu average, farmdoc was calling the premium around $43-85% when their pricing showed around $32-85% enterprise. So really was unsure if my price would be $32 or $43. This farmdoc software really needs some tweaking in my opinion. Thanks for all your advise and help. Wish you were closer. P.S. MSB, if you read this, your right, these markets have me way more than a little bit anxious !!

Edited by Beef Cen IL 3/18/2008 10:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)