AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheat fertilizing question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

proud2Bafarmer
Posted 3/17/2008 14:36 (#335966)
Subject: Wheat fertilizing question.

Baldwin City, KS
The ground has been very wet and thawed around here. Over a week ago, it got down to 6 degrees overnight. The previous afternoon, we got 1/2 inch cover of dry snow on the ground that was still there in the morning. I top dressed a field of wheat that morning with urea, thinking that I better take every chance I get to spread fertilizer the way this spring is going. It promptly got to forty that day and the snow melted. Temperatures got warmer and it was five days later before a good rain. Would that little bit of snow melt help take in the fertilizer or do you think there would have been alot of N lost before the rain? I have alot to learn about the properties of urea, and have been curious about application under these circumstances. I have been running urea on pretty damp brome ground the whole week as well. Does it take actual rain fall to incorporate, or will the wet ground somewhat do the trick? I guess bottom line is it has to go on, I'm running out of time just like everybody else. BTW, had over 1" of rain since 7 am. It was probably a day or two from being dry enough for NH3 on the red ground too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)