AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey you boys in the south hows that planting coming?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

cottonfarmer
Posted 3/16/2008 10:38 (#335024 - in reply to #335009)
Subject: Re: Hey you boys in the south hows that planting coming?

west Tennessee
Hey mike how's it going. Well in West TN. don't think there has been any planters out of the shed yet.... not because its too early but because its too wet. last year I had 600 acres of corn in the ground from march 15-17. this year its been raining so much haven't even hooked em up yet. Wheat Id say is a little behind last year, Id say 60 percent is excellent, 25% in good shape, and about 15% looks kinda fair to me(the late planted acres are so-so). I feel like we are behind schedule, or at least in my mind. We have had more rainfall here in the last six weeks than I can remember in several years. all of my wheat had the first shot of nitrogen put out about 4 weeks ago ,(some only 3 weeks) and we put the second shot out on about 300 acres this last week. Its so wet now I cant see getting back in the field to spray or fert for about 5 more days and maybe 7 days to plant corn. We were able to spray some wheat around the first and burndown some corn ground this past week but it was MUDDY! I d say corn planting will be at least two weeks later than normal for us...... Dave
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)