AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

jd 1900 air cart question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

glensts
Posted 3/15/2008 21:40 (#334766 - in reply to #334663)
Subject: RE: jd 1900 air cart question

I think one of the reasons the price is so high( even though it still isn't worth that much) is that it runs 2 different pressure and vacuum points for each tank. If the manifold is pressure and tank is vacuum it goes in red for tank lid open,
both same pressure, stays green,
manifold has no pressure but tank does then over pressure and possible plug.

I have never had the last situation and think a normal low psi gage could work good for you.

The only problem is if your tank lid is leaking but not open there will be pressure in the tank but a vacuum in the system which could cause poor meter feeding in products like grass,oats or lite barley. Stuff that bridges easily. Fertilizer and wheat probably don't care about being in a vacuum as their weight will still allow falling into the meter system.

But if you know that you should always have 4.5 psi (made up number) then it should be good at that pressure depending on fan speed and product.

BTW I've never had an air failure, other than crappy hoses for the gage, since the fixing of the 1900's lid seals with the new rubber ones. Or the fact that I left the lid open from refilling. I think it would be 7 years worth and 35 000 acres on 2 different machines.

Edited by glensts 3/15/2008 21:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)