AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

why not use propane injection on diesels?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 3/15/2008 13:44 (#334506 - in reply to #334427)
Subject: RE: why not use propane injection on diesels?

Brazilton KS

John, where you have traditionally done most of your refueling at your bases, it really wouldn't be that hard to service them. Weight is not a big deal on tractors which are already carrying considerable ballast....make the tank sufficient to run two diesel tanks and you would usually be back to the fixed fuel depot by the time it was empty.....if it runs empty you still have what you've got now.  Keep in mind that the acres between refueling are going to increase considerably because of the LP.

I had it all figured out back years ago before the power box became an option for the underpowered combine....all I think would be needed is a pressure switch in the intake to sense turbo pressure and a solenoid valve to turn the fuel on. I suppose a regulator would be a good idea. I don't think a vaporizer would really be needed with a turbo...at 350o or so it's gonna vaporize as soon as it's injected into the intake pipe. The tank location and the fact that we fueled combines in the field most all the time back then were the holdups that kept me from ever getting it done. .

What's the price of lp now? I'm thinking this is a good idea, and I think I have most of the stuff laying around.

Edited by plowboy 3/15/2008 13:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)