AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tired of no text posts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

JoshA
Posted 3/14/2008 13:06 (#333883 - in reply to #331253)
Subject: I generally try to do both....

Alberta, Canada
I understand your point, but I don't think people are really abusing it too much, or maybe I just don't pay enough attention. Personally, I like the subject line usage. I generally try to utilize both, for those that view NAT in the "threaded" format it helps people to decide whether or not to waste there time opening it, especially for those on dial-up.

For example, one I commonly see here...
Post#1:
---------Author: User1
---------Subject: "User2 send me an e-mail."
Post#2:
---------Author: User2
---------Subject: "E-mail sent......n/t"

Now if I see that, there's no reason for me to spend 3 minutes loading the second post on my 22.7kbps dial-up connection.

I'd suggest moving this to the machinery talk forum if you want people to see it.

My second suggestion, if you're really tired of the no-text posts, perhaps increase the minimal character requirement..... ie, right now you NEED to post a period or something otherwise the error "You need to enter a body message" comes up.................................Yes. I just re-tested that theory.

Personally, what urks me most is the grammatical issues some members have. I'm not asking for everyone to be scholars, I too once was a "hunt & peck" typer, thanks to AgTalk (hehe) I've since moved up through the ranks and have now graduated from the "2 finger peck." However. Please people. Hit the "Enter" key every so often, to help break the wall of type.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)