AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

who else on here likes old 2 stroke driptroits
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

thall1976
Posted 3/7/2008 22:22 (#328673 - in reply to #328535)
Subject: RE: who else on here likes old 2 stroke driptroits

Field Queen Inc.
I guess Ill throw my thoughts on this topic also.

Spent ALOT of time running a Side Dump Field Queen with a 6-V71 underneath of me. Man did that thing ever scream. Not a whole lot of torque, but it did have the HP and RPM's. We had another Field Queen but it was a V-8 Cat 3208.

Smoked so bad sometimes you couldnt see it when it was idling. Burnt and slobbered oil like a dang old pig.

Overall I cant say a whole lot bad about it. It was pretty easy starting, and it ran a heck of alot longer that I expected.... I figured it would have blown up long ago. No matter how bad it smoked or how bad it sounded it still ran.

From what I understand there is no set timing to these motors.... they just run in a sequence, and air is supplied by a gear driven blower, or supercharger. They have wet sleeves and the only valves they have are exhaust valves, but intake air is supplied through the side ports in the cylinder walls.

If you all but stall one of these two cycle motors, and the flywheel kicks in the opposite direction, the motor can actually run backwards as long as it has fuel to fire on. When it does it will suck air in the exhaust and blow exhaust out the air cleaner. Sure makes a funny noise....obviously

Just some things I remembered
Tyler in PA

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)