AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you figure labor costs for yourself and equipment?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hesston8465a
Posted 3/6/2008 21:13 (#327585)
Subject: How do you figure labor costs for yourself and equipment?

Parsons Kansas
I bale alfalfa in round and little square bales to sell. I have all of my input costs bought for this year and was trying to figure what to set a price at for this year on hay. I have figured out what the input costs are for me to bale the hay.

Fertilizer cost/bale ? ?
Fuel cost/bale ? ?
Chemicals cost/bale ? ?
Twine cost/bale ? ?
Establistment cost cost/bale? __+?___
This amount I know for round and little bales.

However, I have left out a cost for my labor and cost for my equipment. This I haven't came up with on how to figure. My equipment consists of 4430 tractor, '95 8465A baler, '94 4570 small baler, JD 700 twin basket rake, Hoelscher accumlator with grapples, Gehl 5635 skidsteer plus other stuff. Not new equipment by no means but I try to keep it all in good shape so I'm not working on it when I should be baling. I have 40 acres of alfalfa with intent on another 60 acres more spring of '09. Another thing you my want to know is I am a one man haying crew.
Like I said I was wondering how you guys figure a cost for your time and some sort of a cost for the equipment. Most but not all of my equipment is paid for. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to try to paint a clear picture of my operation. Thanks Darren
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)