AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Optimize LCO for soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mlswaar
Posted 2/21/2008 23:12 (#316337 - in reply to #316081)
Subject: RE: Optimize LCO for soybeans

Mason City, IL
I'm not sure what the LCO stands for, but I treated some beans last year with optimize that was a free sample. (about 300 units) It is quite sticky for a bit. Their tests did not show any advantage at harvest overall. Some plots showed a small increase, some less, and some the same. They have not ordered any yet this season so I am assuming that it did not pay for them. So far this year I've only seen where one customer asked for optimize on 70 units. I just saw this on a sales report but I do not know who it is. I have not done it yet as I need to wait closer to planting time to do them. It comes in two pouches. One is the bacterium in a liquid and the other half is a growth/food and life extender that looks thick like syrup. The two are mixed with water and applied as a separate treatment or added to a regular seed treatment. I don't have the label here but it seems like it can be put on from planting to 90 days ahead. I could be off a few days on the longevity. If applied to untreated beans it does not have to be colored as it can go to the elevator if not used/planted, Someone else can give you more info on what is supposed to do than I can, but it seems like it is supposed to help with plant health and better roots. Again I haven't looked at a label since last year and can't remember for sure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)