AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LandLuvr Tracks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farminguy
Posted 2/8/2008 20:20 (#304910 - in reply to #304801)
Subject: Re: LandLuvr Tracks

Gibson City, IL
We have had a set for five years I believe. They are the long ones, we used a set of old challenger belts that we had laying around.

Actually if you go to www.landluvr.com and go to the pictures section the Kinze cart is ours, and the Fast sprayer behind the Cat is ours also. Our tracks are setup on a subframe (there is also a picture of it on the website, its the A-frame with tracks) so we have switched our tracks back and forth from the cart to the sprayer for the last several years.

As far as the tracks go, the ones we have now (which are one of his latest designs) are great. The belts track very well and the whole unit pulls very easily.

Our first set had rubber tires, whick he later switched to steel wheels, had some serious issues. We literally tore the thing up. We would have belts come off, the front idlers on both sides twisted off, it was very frustrating. But through it all, Lyn (the owner) stood by us and helped us get going after it broke each time.

I would not be afraid to purchase a set now. I know our current set has performed excellently.

One other note, we had our tracks smooth coated so that they don't grip the ground so tightly and thus makes it easier to turn.

Randy
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)