AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Introduces EZ-Guide 250
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/23/2008 07:11 (#290440 - in reply to #290411)
Subject: Re: Trimble Introduces EZ-Guide 250

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
It appears that the EZ-Guide 250 is geared for the large market segment that has no guidance at all but is reluctant to spend much money.

The 250 appears to be a stripped down 500 in an smaller case with a smaller screen. It seems to be packaged with a cheaper antenna. This approach allows a lower price tag but still leaves a market for the 500.

According to our press release, the 250 will support EZ-Steer.

I see no mention of supporting EZ-Boom or Autopilot. I would think the small screen might make this difficult as displaying the spray and/or steering screens might get crowded. Also they may want to maintain a "need" for the higher end products.

I see no mention of upgrades from WAAS to Omnistar or RTK. Again these features are probably best handled by the 500.

It appears that this product will be in direct competition with Raven's recently released Cruzer guidance system. The Cruzer is also shipped with a low end antenna which can be upgraded. The two products are in the same price range. The 250 may have an edge with its ability to work with EZ-Steer.

Edited by tedbear 1/23/2008 07:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)