AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ag leader insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/15/2008 07:20 (#283576 - in reply to #283523)
Subject: Re: ag leader insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I would agree. Even though the EZ-Guide 500 is a fine unit, I much prefer the way that the guidance patterns are stored in the Insight.

With the Insight each guidance pattern is associated with the field from which it was created. Although this can be done with the 500 in Advanced mode, I find the selection process "clunky" at best. It is difficult for the less adventuresome to find these patterns for future operations.

With the Insight, you pick the field that you wish to work in and can easily chose from guidance patterns which have been saved for that field in the past. You are not confused with other patterns that have been saved in adjoining fields.

Since I often have more than one pattern saved for a particular field, I give each pattern a descriptive name when I save them. For example, I might name a pattern: "Corn Planting 07 South Side". I might also have a "Soybean Planting 06 North Side" in that same field. The naming scheme may be helpful in the future.

With a little trickery, it is possible to duplicate a guidance pattern from one field to an adjoining field if this is desirable. For example, I had a situation where corn was planted in a Field named Jamie East. Later I wanted to come back and plant soybeans in the adjoining field named Jamie West. Since the soybeans were going to be planted with the same planter, it was desirable to pull in and let the autopilot drive on the first pass. The desired guidance pattern was associated with Jamie East and thus did not appear in a list for Jamie West. The trick I used was to "export" the pattern to the memory card from Jamie East and then "import" that pattern to Jamie West. From then on, this same pattern was available in both fields.

Another approach would have been to just name the two fields as one, in this case Jamie. The guidance pattern would have been associated with that field which would have had two different types of crops.

I use the Insight in a variety of situations: NH3 application, Sprayer Control, Autopilot control, Manure control, Planter Variety/Starter monitoring and Harvesting. My unit is used in three different tractors and a combine.

Edited by tedbear 1/15/2008 07:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)