AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apex=garbage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 1/14/2008 09:59 (#282910 - in reply to #282870)
Subject: Re: Apex=garbage

Grand Rapids, MI
I use Mapshots EasiSuite (their professional version) as the backbone for many thousands of acres of field data. They are also the company that is most active in writing drivers for new hardware devices, especially Deere's stuff, they have also been gracious enough to make this available to the rest of the industry. I highly recommend them, and their farm level software, while not cheap, is really a value in the big picture if you are going to really be using it. Don't overlook the ability to put in manual field operations and prices for the products you apply, you can get some very powerful information out. This is the sort of stuff we do for clients, but there is no reason you can't do it yourself if you want to make the investment of time, learning and software.

As for Deere's Apex 2.0 BETA, just remember it is in beta stage. This means that you would expect it to be buggy, that's why it is not ready for general release yet. See the explanation of beta stage here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle You should expect when you install a beta software that you will most likely have some issues that you will need to resolve with the developer. Now why Deere has plowed ahead with hardware releases, etc. that now rely on using a beta version of their software....I will leave you to scratch your head on that one the same as I am doing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)