AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Followup to down cow post below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cotman
Posted 12/28/2007 19:35 (#269984)
Subject: Followup to down cow post below

NW Tennessee

Just wanted to relate an amusing story regarding a down cow we had several years ago.

We had a cow that fell in a wash and damaged her rear end or back some how. Borrowed a hip lift from a former dairy man and took a front end loader and lifted her twice a day, morning and night for at least two weeks. Also injected her with various meds that were recommended by our vet. It ran into planting time, and weren't making any headway at all, so one night after getting home late from the field, I decided to put her out of her misery (and mine). Went to the barn, shot her, and my dad was going to dispose of her the next morning. He came back and said, "She sure was easy to get in the hole. I just nudged her with my foot and she rolled right in."

"Rolled right in? Her legs didn't stop her?" I asked.

"No. Someone had butchered her overnight. Took all four legs and haunches and the meat from along her backbone. Nothing left but her head, neck, and body!"

We had a pretty good idea which local hoodlums had done it, but we sure didn't care. As I said, it just made her easier to dispose of. I guess some people will eat anything.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)