AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Omnistar HP or XP?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

jdj59d
Posted 12/27/2007 19:48 (#269297 - in reply to #269092)
Subject: Re: Omnistar HP or XP?

Montgomery City, MO
I ran a 500 with ez steer on xp in a 2wd 7800 last spring. I was very pleased. In worked ground with a 16 row 7200. I had more issues keeping the planter from dogtracking or the front wheels of the tractor not getting a good "bite". I don't think I would of benefited from xp to hp. However I didn't try it. I also don't have a need for year to year repeatability. I think you can get a free trial of HP if you want it. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

My father has a stx385 with a 500 autopilot. I ran it on waas, omni(xp), and rtk this fall. With the autopilot it is much easier to see the benefits of better signal. Don't hear me wrong the ez steers are very nice and much more affordable to put in a older tractor.

I think the choice between xp/hp should be based on your equipment and need for repeatability.

BTW I am going to be running the ez steer in the 7800 on rtk this spring due to convergence issues with omni. The fast starts are OK, but when you lose the signal in the middle of the day going through the "creek crossing", the 30 minutes of convergence is longer than a month in hell. But that time is good for the guage wheel arms on the planter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)