AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iTech Pro John Deere
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gone fishing
Posted 12/23/2007 22:20 (#267141 - in reply to #266624)
Subject: Re: iTech Pro John Deere

Fargo ND
I installed ITec Pro on four tractors this past spring for Planting in SE North Dakota. There was a lot of setup and measurements to record but they were easy to input. Once you got all the settings in you had to tweak the numbers to get the timing correct for when the planter raised and lowered and to adjust the turn radius and distance measurements to manipulate how the tractor performed the headland turn.
Once everything was tweaked the settings are saved and stored so next year you just recall from the drop down menu those actions and your ready for the field.
The program itself worked great after all the setup. Between the four tractors they planted close to 8000 acres totally hands free with the tractor making all the head land turns and the planter raising and lowering by itself.
Like I said before there are a lot of settings to input first so its not something where you call the dealership as your heading out to the field to plant and want to buy it. Deere is simplifying the process also so the released version should be much better. Probably the most time consuming part of everything was defining the field boundaries. I believe Deere is making those easier as well. Price I suspect will be between $2,000 and $3,000.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)