AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mapping with the "dinasaur"...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/20/2006 06:54 (#20721 - in reply to #20702)
Subject: RE: Mapping with the "dinasaur"...

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, I did it several times with a YM2000. The main mistake was probably the "logging without grain flow" question.

Since the YM2000 was designed for Yield situations it will not normally log unless there is grain flow (elevator speed). You could run the separator and thus create elevator speed but that is unnecessary if you answer the question properly.

As John has suggested, this can be done with the GPS2000 itself but I found the YM2000 to be easier.

The first field I tried, I actually used the combine since the equipment was installed for the upcoming Harvest. This was on a commerical sweet corn field that had been harvested early and then the drainage was performed. I literally drove over the tile ditches with the combine (without a head). The combine worked well since it was stable and up in the air for visibility.

Use the small switch to START/STOP logging as you drive over each line.

I created a load called OUTSIDE and drove around the outside of the field. The reason for this was to create a "picture frame" for reference.

I created another load called OLD and drove over the old tile lines that had been found. I created another load called MAIN and drove over the new main that had been installed etc. If you have a complex system it is easy to miss some of the branch lines so a hand drawn map can be useful.

If you could borrow a PF3000 or Advantage, this is easier since you will see the results of your efforts on the onscreen map.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)