AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 450 problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

collegeboy
Posted 11/11/2007 01:13 (#235594)
Subject: Raven 450 problems

Slicker than a Yes album.
Today, the console decided to act up. First, the speed cal number had to be cut in half, it was 620 at 5 mph, then we had to cut it to 310 to get speed tp match. Seemed to be okay. Then, the mph on the Raven kept jumping around, but the corner post (this is in a JD 9520T) and the other readout seemed to be fine. (No large jumps, the slip was steady, etc) I switched radar wires from behind the fuse panel to the cornerpost output. No difference. When the console is on, but not applying product, the speed matches the tractor fine. Switch it on, and it drops to 3 mph, then gradually rises to the 5 mph area, but will jump around from 3.9 to 4.9 mph and everywhere in between. Accordingly, the rate jumps, too. We're going to swap radars from another tractor, but I have a feeling it's the console. It was working all last week, just started acting up today.

Who does service work on these? Ag Express? Send it back to Sioux Falls? It isn't that old (spring of '05), but I guess it's possible something fried.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)