AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ebay Laptop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Colorblind
Posted 6/16/2006 04:36 (#19812 - in reply to #19573)
Subject: RE: Ebay Laptop

ND
I bought a new Dell laptop off Ebay a few months back. At first I was looking for returned/refurbished units. I'll admit that I was really nervous about buying something that exensive and complex from Ebay, but there were some really good deals if you looked. I found a brand new laptop with more features than I was origionally looking for. In the end I paid under $1100/shipped for a computer that through Dell.com came to almost $2400. I had it shipped COD so that I could physically see it before I gave away my cash. Also, before I used it I called Dell to double check that the computer was in fact new and that the warranty was in my name. There is a place on their website where you can type in your serial number and it will bring up all the info for the computer and what programs, options, and warranties the computer has.

All in all, I was real iffy about buying a computer off Ebay, but the chance to save some serious cash kept luring me in. Now that it's over I'm more that satisfied with my purchase. Just watch your P's and Q's and do what you can to protect yourself in case someone is out there trying to screw you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)