AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vistive Bean Yields
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

meerd
Posted 10/29/2007 09:48 (#228537)
Subject: Vistive Bean Yields

We had some talk last spring about yields with these beans and I thought I'd share my results. We used the 3.1 Vistive beans from 2 seperate companies on 4 very different farms.

Farm1- Very low disease pressure Vistive yield=75bpa Non Vistive yield=77.5bpa (This was a FIRST plot average of 45 varities)
Farm2-Low disease pressure rolling clay soils Vistive=64bpa Non Vistive yield=67bpa ( check was Midwest 3102)
Farm3- Sandy soil mod disease pressure Vistive= 61 bpa Non vistive yield= 66bpa ( asgrow 3.0)
Farm4- Heavey flat soil with high SCN and iron chlorsis issues Vistive =46bpa Non Vistive =62 bpa (asgrow3.1)
In looking a last years local test results we felt the the 3.1 vistive had the least yield drag so it is the only one we planted.
We had on farm storrage and sell them to our normal delevery processor so these issues were not a factor.
I feal the program worked is some cases for us but would caution anyone with disease pressures to stay with a higher disease resistance non-vistive beas.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)