AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cheap 3 in 1 Printer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 6/15/2006 13:11 (#19682 - in reply to #19649)
Subject: Re: Cheap 3 in 1 Printer?

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Sorry,don't mean to come off as bashing HP and pushing Epson,just what I have that is cheap to run. I just mean to say that checking on the cost of generic ink for any brand/model before you buy the printer,can save you money. On the older HP printers,the ink tank and print head were all one unit which the generic ink outfits did not or could not build,so you were stuck with expensive OEM cartridges. I was also told that refilling a HP cartridge often led to less print quality because the head was designed to last only long enough to use up one supply of ink,and was worn out when refilled. I would like to hear of success/failure reports from HP users who have refilled cartridges.
Epson has this sneaky little marketing scheme where they sell you the printer at or below cost,then bleed you dry with overpriced OEM cartridges to make up the profit lost on the printer sale. The generic cartridges mess with Epson's little marketing scheme,so they are sueing the generic cartridge makers to try to get them off the market. If Epson succeeds in eliminating the generic compitition,then the cost advantage of cheap aftermarket ink will be gone,and so will my Epson printers. Last week when walking through the printer dept of Wally world, an OEM black Epson cartridge for my printer was $28,while the Generic equivilent at my local small town store is $7

Edited by Jon Hagen 6/15/2006 19:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)