AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anhyrous flow control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

collegeboy
Posted 9/27/2007 20:02 (#210785 - in reply to #210515)
Subject: Excellent description Tedbear...

Slicker than a Yes album.
Since I wasn't too instrumental in putting this all on the chisel plow, I'll defer to Ted for questions on how it all works. (I was busy hauling grain at the time)

I took a few more detailed pictures tonight and will post them.

The first is what I think Ted is referring to (the elbow pointing up). At the end of the year, we leave the valves open to allow the fluid to escape, but there is sometimes some left, we're always aware of that.
The two coolers are necessary, but now the bottleneck is the flow control. We were limited on the last toolbar to 6mph, I don't see this one being different. (same number of shanks, same rate, 180lbs/ac) There is plenty of room and flow elsewhere to increase, but we'll see if Raven comes out with something larger in the future.
Even on 45' and larger toolbars we rented from the coop 10 years ago, they needed dual coolers to allow the amount of flow we needed. This was even on bean stubble where the rate was reduced, as opposed to corn on corn. The large u-tube was necessary to tie the two coolers together. We ran into that the first year on the other bar, 1 tank fed the whole bar, but was only going through one cooler.

Also to add, the other bars were controlled by one servo, we put another on to split the plow in half for ends of fields and point rows.

The other bar is controlled by a Hiniker 8150 that also ran the spray system on the digger. We don't incorporate herbicide anymore, so that's the only use it sees. That one has been fairly trouble free the past 15 years.

Any other questions or request for photos, just email!

Edited by collegeboy 9/28/2007 11:22

(IMG_1063.JPG)

(IMG_1064.JPG)

(IMG_1062.JPG)

(IMG_1065.JPG)

(IMG_1037.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1063.JPG (63KB - 400 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1064.JPG (65KB - 386 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1062.JPG (69KB - 388 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1065.JPG (78KB - 412 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1037.JPG (78KB - 384 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)