AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Original Greenstar update gone bad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

grainman10
Posted 9/26/2007 05:45 (#209788)
Subject: Original Greenstar update gone bad

I have posted a couple of times about updating an original greenstar display which hasn't been updated in 4 or 5 yrs. I have had nothing but problems trying to do it. I did not have a data card large enough to download it myself so I went to a local dealers precision field day and talked to them about getting a key card with the updates. He assured me that there would be no problems in doing the update to this old display, only that it may take some extra time to run the update. I tried the procedure myself but after the update was supposedly finished, I had a message which read something about needing a Greenstar system 2 monitor and it locked the screen up if I continued. I called up the JD Dealer's GPS tech. again and he came out to diagnose what was going on. He ended up taking the Greenstar monitor and our receiver back to the shop to work on it. He thought he had it figured out and we picked it up and put it back in the cab and then tried it but we were receiving no GPS signal. The combine would show yield and a moisture which was reasonably close as it updated going through the field. We called the JD GPS tech. again and he came out and worked on it awhile and got the receiver reprogrammed but now It is showing that the moisture sensor is not working. The tech is now thinking that we had the moisture sensor go bad just when he did the reprogramming of the GPS receiver and we probably are going to need a new moisture sensor at approximately $1000. I have a feeling that the update is what damaged the moisture sensor. This whole process has been very frustrating. We got along fine with the yield monitor last season without any of these old updates. This is my first experience with Deere GPS/Yield Monitor and I am not impressed. I had Ag Leader experience before and never had this much of a struggle. Is this update something we should not have done on this old system? I am trying to figure out where I went wrong and also how to correct the problems we are having. If anyone has any knowledge about this process I sure could use some help/advice.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)