AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble, A Lange 4.11 nailed it.. :-)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 9/19/2007 01:46 (#206071)
Subject: Trimble, A Lange 4.11 nailed it.. :-)

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
My little part of the world is the prairie pot hole region of ND,and last spring my EZ Guide light bar with 4.10 firmware could not handle all the turns and switchback laden boarders of some of our pot hole pocked fields.
In a lot of 180 degree switchbacks needed to navigate along field boarders and potholes The headlands pattern would lose it's way and just shut down. I abandoned trying to use Headlands on these irregular fields as it failed to complete a headlands lap about 90% of the time.

Doing a lot of post harvest spraying this fall and have had great success with Headlands using the new 4.11 firmware. So far it has not lost the Headlands lap even when I intentionally did things to try to confuse it.
All that has changed is the firmware upgrade from 4.10 to 4.11 and the change in WAAS satellites. I believe the WAAS satellites would have an effect on accuracy, but not mode function of the light bar,so I believe it has to be the firmware. My thanks to the trimble guys for finding and fixing a glitch in the firmware.

just for giggles I attached a map of one of our typical pothole infested 80 acre fields where the headlands mode would not work this spring. I hired a flat lander from some distance away to custom seed one of my fields and his comment was" you guys have to be on dope to farm stuff like that". Oh well, real men can handle it. ;-)

Edited by Jon Hagen 9/19/2007 01:54

(prairie pothole region.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments prairie pothole region.jpg (36KB - 197 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)