AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who owns Croplan Genetics?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Nelson
Posted 9/18/2007 15:54 (#205686 - in reply to #205651)
Subject: RE: Who owns Croplan Genetics?

Croplan Genetics is owned by Land O Lakes.

They source their germ plasm from Monsanto, Syngenta, Pioneer, Mycogen, etc. They have pretty good access to all of the major players germ plasm. They do their own breeding, creating their own hybrids. They do their own testing and research.

They use similar genetic families as Dekalb does. But you will not find the 'same' Croplan hybrid in any other bag. Both of the hybrids you mention are noteworthy and worth planting.  Very consistent hybrids. 

What I like about Croplan is their educational approach.  I've learned a tremendous amount about Genetic families and their relationship to corn placement and performance.  I think they put together one of the best seed guides in the seed industry.  Much better than Pioneer, Dekalb, NK or any of the 'major players' seed guides. 

I did sell Croplan Genetics (through my former employer), so I am familiar with the company that way.  But I was once like you and never considered it.  I really like their approach.  If you have any other questions, let me know... I'll do my best to answer them.

Hope this helps

Nelson

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)