AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

internet connection slow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 6/4/2006 08:08 (#16862)
Subject: internet connection slow

West Union, Illinois

My internet computer has been getting slower and slower. Download speed is good, but when I click a link I'll get the hourglass symbol and the connection may time out before connecting. I've been blaming the ISP but this morning I got to wondering.

So... I connected my other computer which is normally not online and it just flies.. Click and go, click and go.

So I went back to the other one and tried IE instead of Firefox. Some faster but not lightning fast.

So, any suggestions?

The computer in question is a Cisnet (generic box from Staples) running XP SP2 with a 2.8 Ghz Pentium 4, 1 gig of RAM. It is running Firefox (latest version) with Trend Micro's PC-cillin and Spyware Sweeeper and Spyware Blaster. I've ran AdAware and Spybot, all of which have found nothing.

I'm running into a D-Link router provided by my ISP which goes to a wireless antenna into their system. When I check download speeds it is around 480k. I just checked it with Speakeasy (www.speekeasy.net/speedtest) and got 478 download, 115 upload (which is right where the ISP says it should be)

So, any ideas?

Edited by Mike SE IL 6/4/2006 08:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)