AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Diplodia grain in bin?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Karl SWIN
Posted 9/11/2007 22:37 (#202308 - in reply to #201856)
Subject: Re: Diplodia grain in bin?

I had a bin with it in it. 5500 bu. bin had Diplodia all the way down except for the last three feet in the bottom. Didn't haul it out untill last month. Had dockage that ran from 60% damage on the first load, 50% to 40% on most of the bin, I was thrilled when it finally dropped below 30% toward the last. Last loads did drop below 10% but normally think that's terribly high damage.
So, yeah it can take a bin over. Just how much rot in the corn it takes to do this I not sure. This bin I remember had some bad grains in the corn when it was put in, more then usual but I didn't think it would go that bad. I aired it this winter on one of the coldest days we've had around here in awhile, that was the only time it was aired until I discovered the problem in July. Freezing it usually works well for me. Keeping it cold as long as possible seems to keep the bugs slowed down a little.
Wish I had checked it closer then I might have a better idea as to how quickly it went bad. Don't know if this helps, I'm sure it not comforting but I'd say the quicker you move the corn the better but I doubt it go over the hill overnight either. Yeah I lost some sleep do to this bin.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)