AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rich
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 9/10/2007 22:24 (#201720 - in reply to #201716)
Subject: RE: Rich

Kansas
Milo looks pretty good at this point right now. If we don't get an early freeze or a hailstorm to take it out. It varys anywhere from has turned completely red now to some heads are still green.

The price has been bouncing for the past two weeks in the same area. 3 bucks in the afternoon of a day and then back down to 2.92, or 2.95, or 2.93.....in that area. Can't go to 3 dollars and stay there or go up.

Today milo is 2.94 a bushel. Corn is 3.04. For a dime difference, I don't know if it's going to pay. There is most definitely going to be some 150 bushel dryland corn in this area this year by the looks of the fields, flip side of that, the milo is going to be right up there as well and for the price of seed and having to own another piece of equipment (corn head) I really wonder if it's worth the trouble for these guys..........."Shrug"?

Already talks of a bin busting crop and a pile on the ground like we havn't ever seen. I suppose they'll bin all the corn and we get to pile the milo on the ground. Times like that I wish I had a silage tandem and just lift the end gate and drive off so I quit having to wait on thier slowpoke setup. Then again, I guess I should count my lucky stars that I get to even pile it in coop's name and not eat a heckuva discount or worse yet, be refused and have to scale up there......drive home and dump........drive back and scale.........then return to the field. A guy with limited bin space is really at the mercy of a cooperative.

You want to compare prices down here goto........

http://www.rangeland.coop/

and that'll give you the daily prices we get. I'm looking forward to harvest but at the same time, it sprinkled again today, which is good, but my fields that are about to go to wheat are getting pretty green and I need to get on them and get them worked right now.

I'm getting ancy.
Rich
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)