AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CD-RW full before it really is.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 6/2/2006 14:35 (#16542)
Subject: CD-RW full before it really is.

I'm using Sonic Record now Deluxe Version 7.

I have my burner drive configured so I can use it as a letter drive and keep adding files to a CD RW incrementally instead of burning a full disk all at once. This process works great until I have enough files to permanently burn a CD R.

Lately it seems the burner drive seems to sometimes be doing something when I am not actively using it. Then when I want to add a few more files it claims to be completely full. I can drag all the files off of the RW back to my hard drive and then see it is maybe only half the actual capacity of the RW disk. I can do a complete RW format and drag them all back onto the RW and they take up just the amount of space they took on the hard drive. Eventually though the process begins again. Using a new RW disc does not seem to help either.

Just wondering why the RW disc seems to be leaking and filling up on it's own when it's not really full? Running full 2006 Version of Platinum Internet Security with virus,firewall, and full protection. I recently un-installed and re-installed the Sonic product and that did not seem to make any difference.

Is the constant writing of files to the RW cluttering things more than necessary and like a disk defrag  the format puts them back into a more reasonable order?

Not a serious issue just one of those things that gripes me as it takes about 24 minutes to do a full re-format on the CD RW

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)