AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Garst
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

LHaag
Posted 8/22/2007 10:17 (#191360 - in reply to #191316)
Subject: Re: Garst

Colby, Kansas
As I understand it, selling all beans as NK was basically legal maneuvering to sidestep some future issues with Monsanto regarding the RR trait, and what brands/products it could appear in. I think (and therefore could be wrong) the sum of it was that Syngenta's agreement with Monsanto to market RR beans applied only to the NK brand, and then when they acquired Garst and Golden Harvest those agreements didn't transfer to syngenta. Thus there was some arguing and they just decided to sell it all in an NK bag. There are also some other motivations that played a role in this decision as well. If this is wrong somebody correct me. I'll be honest, when I'm at meetings I generally go to the restroom and fill my drink glass when the talk turns to soybeans.

As far as Syngenta and its brands, there is a great deal of restructuring (painful in some cases) going on in the recent months. When the dust settles I believe you will see a strong commitment to all the brands from Syngenta. What you will also see, resulting from these changes, is a very clear difference between the brands in what channels their sales and field technical people work through.

Best Regards,

Lucas

Edited by LHaag 8/22/2007 10:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)